If you are in a Windows environment, and want to connect via RDP Client to any Computer in your VaultOne, it is possible to use the Windows RDP client, instead of using the session in the browser.
1. First, download the VaultOne RDP Connector App from https://get.vaultone.com/bastion/VaultOneRDPConnector.exe. Navigate to the directory where the file was downloaded, and run it as Administrator.
2. The correct installation returns to a screen like the one below. Press ENTER to close the dialog and access your VaultOne portal through the browser.
3. Access the computers tab, search for the resource that you will access via the RDP Client, click on Actions and then on Edit.
4. To access a machine via RDP Client, you need to disable video recording, that is, all connections on a Windows machine outside the browser will not be recorded. After disabling recording, save the change in the top right corner.
5. Return to the computers tab and select the respective computer to connect by clicking on “Actions -> Connect”.
6. Under “Connection Information”, select “Direct Access”.
7. As the application has already been installed, select the “Direct Access” option again.
8. A dialog box will appear. Select the option "Always allow..." and click on "Open VaultOneRDPConnector.exe".
9. Done! A new RDP session will be opened using the native Windows client.
Note: If access is via RDP Client, it will not be possible to record the video of the session.
Found your answer? If in doubt, send us an email! email@example.com