In VaultOne it is possible to add as many credentials as necessary to access websites, computers, devices and others. Each credential stores information from different accesses with different passwords or keys.
There are two ways to create a credential:
First Option to add a credential
The first way is to click on the menu where you want to create a new access and create the credential there. In this case, let's use the example of accessing websites, but the process is exactly the same for creating credentials for computers or devices:
1. In the websites menu, look for the website you want to create a new credential for. Click on Actions and then on Edit:
2. In the newly opened window click on ‘Add’ which is inside the credentials box:
3. Add the information for this credential and finally, click on ‘add’:
Note that the new credential has been added for that website. Finally, don't forget to click on ‘save’ before leaving this page, otherwise the modifications will not be finalized and the new credential will be automatically disregarded.
The second way to create this credential is by going straight to the credential menu.
1. Click on the Credentials menu and then click on Add Credential:
2. Add credential information and then click Save:
Credentials created through this path are not associated with any device, computer or website. To associate them with any of these accesses, access the menu you want to associate the credential with and when creating a new credential, click on ‘existing’.
The list of credentials registered in your company's vault will appear and you will be able to select it. Finally, click on ‘add’:
When you have finished associating credentials with an access, click on save:
Found your answer? If you still have questions, you can contact us!